Idyllically nestled on the banks of the shimmering Fateh Sagar Lake, the luscious garden- Saheliyo Ki Badi is one of the most famous visiting points in Udaipur, Rajasthan. Built by Maharana Sangram Singh in the 18th century, the garden takes you in sync with nature and unfolds the fascinating beauty of flora incorporated with stupefying architecture.
The picturesque vista of the garden occupies a prominent spot in the memory, but what doesn’t are these few amazing facts about this green heaven!
1. The myth has it that Maharana Sangram Singh built this beautiful garden for his Queen and her maids to have some leisure time. And hence, the name ‘ Saheliyo Ki Badi’.
2. The Queen was accompanied with the forty-eight woman after her marriage to Maharana Sangram Singh and in an effort to keep the ladies coveted from political chaos, the king presented this eternal gift.
3. Following in the hierarchy was Maharana Bhupal Singh, the great-grandson of Maharana Sangram Singh, who embellished the garden with beautiful rain fountains mounted on a pavilion.
4. Flanking the reservoir of the garden, these fountains were then imported all the way from London!
5. The beautiful kiosks sloshing water up the sculptured bird's necks beautified the place and hence the Lotus Pond was Maharana Bhupal’s favorite spot in the garden!
Thanks to its engaging history and intricate architecture, Saheliyo ki Badi attracts various nature lovers and enthusiasts hence making it a popular tourist destination in the City Of Lakes- Udaipur!
One can also book a private taxi in Udaipur from www.udaipurrides.com